Recruiters work too hard to leave anything to chance with either their candidates or hiring authorities. Learn how to qualify answers and a process called “closing to the no” on money that will help you successfully fill more requisitions and will prevent you from being blind-sighted.
- Are you the type of person who loves surprises?…I basically loved surprises before I entered…the recruiting profession.…But I learned that so often, surprises in our profession…are not in our favor.…We don't necessarily want to hear something…we weren't anticipating, from either our clients…or our candidates, because often that can blindside us…and prevent offers from being accepted.…That's why it's so important that, as a recruiter,…you quantify answers.…You make sure that you really are listening to…what people are saying to you,…and you quantify their answers.…
And secondly, you have to learn a process called…closing to the no on money.…Because as you and I both know,…money is not the only consideration when somebody…is taking a new job, but it certainly impacts…their decision.…And you've got to pre-close both parties.…You've got to pre-close your candidates…as well as your clients.…And I want to give you examples of a pre-close.…Let's start with the candidate's side.…Your candidate may tell that they're looking for…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Having the right attitude and expectations
- Using different recruiting methods
- Positioning yourself as a solution to employers
- Anticipating hiring needs
- Attracting top talent
- Building rapport and trust
- Negotiating and closing
- Following up with a new hire
- Tracking your metrics