Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Client and candidate best practices, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- In the external staffing profession,…there are certain candidate and client…best practices that you're going to want…to implement and today I'm going…through four of those best practices.…The first one is you've got to utilize forms.…You can't leave anything to your memory…or just think you're going to get back to it later.…You've got to use forms to keep you on track.…These include your application form,…your reference forms, your prep and debrief forms,…your prep form before interviews,…debrief after, and of course, your job order forms.…The resumes and CV's that are provided to you by candidates…give you who a person has been and who they are.…
A resume and CV does not tell you…who they want to be and that's why you must have…them fill out the application form…because then you're going to be better prepared…to answer questions about them.…Sometimes you will have clients give you…their requisition form, and they want you…to work off of their form, but trust me,…their form is not in your best interests…and often they haven't updated the requisition.…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers