Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Clearing your mind of its to-dos with mental triggers, part of Time Management Fundamentals.
- I've explained the principle of keeping your mind clear.…Now what?…If you're like most people…then you have accumulated a vast pile of to dos.…Unresolved items that are floating around in your head.…I want to give you a clean slate.…Let's clear all of those items out of your head…and get them into an approved gathering point.…This will make it easier for you…to process them in the future.…The simplest way to do this…is to use a list of mental triggers.…
We've provided a handout you can download…that gives you a list of triggers…for every single aspect of your life…both work and personal.…By using this list,…you'll be able to clear everything from your mind…and get it into an approved gathering point.…Please download the mental triggers list…and I'll show you how to use it.…This process is really pretty simple.…First, read through each trigger…on the list one at a time…and think for a moment about that trigger.…
If anything comes to mind that's unresolved,…write it down…then move to the next trigger on the list and repeat.…
Learn how to get more done in the shortest time possible and avoid the obstacles and distractions that can get in the way of good time management. Dave gives practical strategies for increasing productivity in three main areas: developing habits to be more organized and reducing clutter in your workspace; staying mentally on task and eliminate the to-dos you have floating in your head; and developing a time budget to get the most done during your workday and focus on your most valuable activities.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding your productivity style and motivation
- Understanding the principles of time management
- Avoiding the pitfalls of multitasking
- Narrowing your gathering points
- Consolidating email and voicemail accounts
- Practicing mind-clearing techniques
- Choosing and using calendar software
- Saying no with tact
- Mastering the what, when, where processing system
- Processing email vs. checking email
- Maintaining productivity gains
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Laying the Productivity Groundwork
2. Obstacle to Productivity
3. Productivity Principle 1: Space
4. Productivity Principle 2: Mind
5. Productivity Principle 3: Time
6. Equipping Yourself for Action
Preparing for action4m 30s
7. Gathering to the Inbox
Preparing to gather2m 46s
8. Understanding Processing
9. Processing Email
10. Your Time Budgeter
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.