This video covers the four steps to choosing the right story to tell in the right situation. These include: defining the main message, finding the success or failure, picking the best story, or even making one up.
- The most important part of storytelling…is choosing the right story to tell.…If you tell the wrong story, it doesn't matter…how well you tell it.…You won't accomplish your sales objective.…So, how do you come up with the right story to tell?…There are four steps you should follow.…Step one, define your objective.…Since the most important element of a great story…is that the story has a worthy lesson,…we have to start by determining what lesson…we want our audience to learn.…Specifically, what do you want your audience to think,…or feel, or do as a result of your story?…What is your main message?…Step two, look for a relevant success, failure,…or moment of clarity surrounding your objective.…
In other words, think of times in the past when you…or someone else has done that thing very well…or utterly failed to do it.…Or, when you learned that lesson the first time yourself.…Obviously, a story about someone successfully doing…what you want your audience to do illustrates the behavior…you're trying to encourage, but a failure story…
- What is a sales story?
- Why tell sales stories?
- The 25 sales stories you need
- How to get buyers to tell their stories
- What makes a great story great?
- Choosing the right story to tell
- Finding great stories
- Story structures
- Challenge, conflict, and resolution
- Delivering stories verbally and in writing
- The ethics of storytelling