Learn the major elements of various communication formats like emails, voicemails, presentations, memos, and business cases.
- As you've been going through…the structured thought process you've been writing…your final document,…you just didn't realize it.…Think about it, you have a clearly defined question…and you understand why it's important to solve it,…you generated a clear and crisp core idea…that says what we should do and why we should do it,…that compelling button.…You created an architecture to support your case…and built the logic to make that core idea true,…you turned it into a story that's a very simple narrative,…discussed that story with key stakeholders…and refined it accordingly,…identified the core analyses you needed to do.…
You conducted the analysis and you proved every point…in your architecture,…or if you disproved it you kept iterating…until everything was proven.…At this point of the process it's just packaging,…you just have to pull all these components together…in that final communication.…A few guiding principles here.…First, select your communication vehicle…based upon your audience.…You may like a presentation,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.