Research confirms mindfulness methods that parents, caregivers and educators can use to help kids cope better with stress & conflict, and improve confidence, communication & connection with others. I cover several specific ways to adapt mindfulness for young ones to help them now and going forward.
- There's an old saying, children are the future.…I have a friend with three kids who jokes,…if that's true about mine…the world is headed for a very difficult future.…Of course children can be challenging sometimes…and we'll cover some methods for them.…But you might be surprised to find…how much practicing mindfulness yourself…can help the young people around you.…A study in Harvard Business Review noted…that children tend to be very sensitive to the work stress…parents bring home with them.…Mindfulness helps.…A UCLA study of people who learned mindfulness methods…showed their parenting skills improved.…
A so did the behavior of their children.…Their kids got along better with their brothers and sisters.…Showed less negative aggressiveness…and improved social skills.…This was just from the parents practicing mindfulness.…In addition there's great work and research being done…on mindfulness methods that parents, care givers…and educators can teach.…Methods that help kids cope better with stress and conflict,…
UCLA professor and executive coach John Ullmen, PhD, explains the fundamentals of mindfulness and provides step-by-step methods that anyone can use. Every technique is confirmed by research and validated in practice to give you results for dealing with stress, anxiety, fear, worry, and self-doubt, and for increasing confidence, peak performance, and connection with others.
- The fundamentals of mindfulness and practicing mindful meditation
- Dealing with unwelcome experiences, such as stress, fear, and self-doubt
- Strengthening your connection with others
- Mindfulness for peak performance
- Practicing mindful leadership