Being a good team member means doing what's best for the team, even if you have to challenge others sometimes. Learn the seven most destructive team behaviors (including selfishness and aggression), which should be challenged as soon as they're noticed.
- Being a good team player…means making allowances for people…who want to do things differently to you.…But it also means doing what's best…for the team, even if you have to…get a bit unpopular at times.…For example, if one of the others in your team…isn't being a team player,…then you should challenge them on that.…Here are the seven worst team behaviors,…which should certainly be challenged…if they're noticed by anyone, including you.…Number one is selfishness,…putting oneself before the team…to the detriment of the team.…
This also includes not returning favors…which others in the team have done for you…and will rapidly lead to breakdown of the team.…Second is unreliability, as in…not keeping your promises to the others in the team…and not doing the things that you've agreed…to do for the team.…Keeping your promises is important…in all of life, but most of all…when the others in your team are relying on you.…If you say you'll do something, then you must…keep that promise to the team.…This is the foundation of trust,…
- Identify how to work effectively as a team without management.
- Develop skills for better communication and trust.
- Determine how to handle conflict on a team.
- Assess how to deliver results reliably.
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.