Join Peter High for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenges to streamlining IT, part of Creating Your IT Strategy.
- If you work for a company that's been…in business more than 10 years,…it's likely that you have significant legacy technology.…Perhaps members of your team built it.…Perhaps it's run on your own data centers,…rather than in the cloud.…Perhaps it required a variety of modifications…in order to get it to integrate…with other interdependent systems…of one sort or another.…This is true of most companies…that have been in business longer than a decade…and is likely to be more complex if the business…is also a multi-billion-dollar enterprise…and or a global company.…It used to be that the value that IT provided…was in creating new technology.…
The leaders of other functions did not understand…how the geeks in IT did what they did,…but they would place orders…for manual processes to automate,…and IT would make it happen.…The foreignness of IT was a source of some power…in the organization.…Now, vendors have created standard versions…of a lot of solutions that IT departments used to create.…Some of you are probably thinking of ERP, payroll systems,…
In this course, IT strategy consultant Peter High outlines how to create an agile IT department, measure IT performance, and create the role of business information officer. He also suggests ways in which leaders can change the organizational conversation about technology by sharing the IT mission, cocreating other departments' strategies, and finding areas of alignment.
- The changing nature of IT
- Making IT strategic
- Creating an agile IT department
- Measuring IT performance
- Cocreating other departments' strategies
- Creating an IT mission for the entire organization