Join Leslie O'Flahavan for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Templates, part of Writing Customer Service Emails.
(bright synthesizer music)…- You've learned a lot about customizing email templates…and building rapport with your customers.…So I'm going to challenge you to put it all together now.…Download the Chapter Four Challenge,…you'll see an email from Jerome Donaldson.…Jerome wants to market his new business,…so he's written to ask about the cost…to distribute a press release.…You'll also see a template to use with your response.…But as we've learned in this chapter,…the template is just the starting point.…
Now, write your response.…When you finish, watch the solution video…and I'll show you how I customize the template…in my response.…
- Reading emails carefully
- Anticipating follow-up questions
- Answering all of the customer's questions
- Handling difficult questions
- Explaining your process to the customer
- Paraphrasing the customer's situation
- Acknowledging the customer's feelings
- Apologizing when appropriate
- Avoiding clichéd language
- Demonstrating empathy and sincerity in your writing
- Building rapport
Skill Level Beginner
Managing a Customer Contact Centerwith Brad Cleveland1h 31m Intermediate
1. Answer the Customer's Question
2. Show Customers You've Read Their Email
3. If You Must Apologize, Be Sincere
4. Customize Templates to Avoid Sounding Robotic
5. Build Your Email Writing Skills to Build Your Career
Self evaluation3m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.