Join Leslie O'Flahavan for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Questions, part of Writing Customer Service Emails.
- In this lesson you learned about giving customers…straight forward answers to awkward or difficult questions.…Now it's your turn to use these writing strategies…to reply to a customer.…Download the Chapter One challenge from the exercise files.…There you'll see an email from a customer…who wasn't given the early bird discount…for the conference he wants to attend.…Write your reply to the customer.…Be sure to answer his question directly…and look for opportunities to show empathy.…Then come back and watch the solution video…to see what I wrote and compare your response.…
- Reading emails carefully
- Anticipating follow-up questions
- Answering all of the customer's questions
- Handling difficult questions
- Explaining your process to the customer
- Paraphrasing the customer's situation
- Acknowledging the customer's feelings
- Apologizing when appropriate
- Avoiding clichéd language
- Demonstrating empathy and sincerity in your writing
- Building rapport
Skill Level Beginner
Managing a Customer Contact Centerwith Brad Cleveland1h 31m Intermediate
1. Answer the Customer's Question
2. Show Customers You've Read Their Email
3. If You Must Apologize, Be Sincere
4. Customize Templates to Avoid Sounding Robotic
5. Build Your Email Writing Skills to Build Your Career
Self evaluation3m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.