LinkedIn principal author Doug Winnie describes the importance of certifying your product before release. In partner with your audit and legal stakeholders, you should make sure that there are no licensing or permissions issues with your product, that new innovations are protected with patents, that there are no security risks with the product, and that you have performed the required vendor and agency certifications.
- When you're finished with the development…of all the features, user stories, and work items…for Sprint or Release you are done, right?…Well, no not quite yet.…There are still a handful of things…you need to make sure are done which will certify…that you are ready to release your product.…Think of certification like…performing a pre-launch checklist before a rocket launch.…Everything looks good…but there might be some things that you could overlook…that can spell trouble.…The biggest things to look for are potential legal issues.…
Depending on your product you might use assets like…photos, fonts, graphics, or components…to put your product together.…It is very important that you check with your legal partners…to make sure that you have the proper rights…and permissions.…Some products especially code oriented products…have a license attached to them…and some licenses restrict how the product can be used.…For example, some licenses only allow you to use them…if you aren't making a profit,…some require you to give credit somewhere in the product,…
- Types of products and industries
- Leading through influence
- Understanding your team
- Using an agile or waterfall development cycle
- Managing your product life cycle
- Researching your market, customers, and ideas
- Planning the product
- Building the product
- Releasing the product
- Refining the product
- Understanding when it's time to retire the product
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is Product Management?
2. What Does a Product Manager Do?
When it is time to retire2m 58s
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.