Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Certifications, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- As you look around your office,…what are probably the most common…certifications people have?…I would guess a high school diploma and a drivers license.…Yes, these are certifications.…So does that mean everyone in the room is a good driver? No.…Does it mean everyone in the room…could pass a geometry exam? Probably not.…Certifications, do they really mean anything?…Well, before you answer that let me ask you this.…Would you rather that drivers on the road…not have a drivers license?…Would you rather that people not be expected…to at least finish high school?…And that's sort of my point.…
Certifications do not signal mastery,…but they are low-level hoops…that we ask people to jump through.…Essentially, we're saying, if you can't even…get a drivers license, you shouldn't be driving.…If you can't finish high school,…we can't allow you into our university.…Quality certifications are no different.…They don't prove that you have high quality goods,…services, or business processes.…But like a drivers license, they're important.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.