- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement
Skill Level Beginner
- You may have heard that agile is like the rule breaker's version of project management. At the same time, you know more and more companies are adopting these practices. So why is that? Well, agile has a much higher success rate than traditional methods, so many companies are trying it out. Since that's the world we project leaders live in, it only makes sense to learn more about this family of agile practices. Understanding them can help you hone your skills so you're a more valuable team member to your organization.
I'm Kelley O'Connell. I have been a project manager for more than 20 years. I spent the first half of my career executing waterfall-style projects. But more recently, I've been practicing and coaching agile at the team and enterprise levels. In this course, we'll explore the world of agile and how you can apply these techniques in your environment. We'll start by talking about the principles behind agile and the mindset that makes it so successful.
Next, we'll look at the essentials for all projects: Stakeholder management, planning, and team performance. Finally, we'll discuss troubleshooting and improving your agile practices. By the end of this course, you'll be well on your way to becoming a true agilist. So if you're ready, let's go.