Celebration is the essential tool to move your team into high performance. Learn the simple ways you can use recognition to keep your team focused on success.
- In our chaotic world of full-time accessibility…and 24/7 accountability, it's really easy…to skip over successes and move on…to the next task on the board.…Don't fall into this trap.…Scrum is simple to execute, but really hard to master,…so be sure you're celebrating successes when you have them.…Here's why.…In every demo, the team is re-grounded…in the overall vision, and showing off what…they've done to move closer to the goal.…
This helps the team stay focused on their purpose…and connects the dots between the work and the goal.…Remember, purpose is a significant motivator for people.…If you forget your purpose, or don't celebrate…the small wins on the journey,…it's harder to keep the team unified and engaged.…If you only celebrate at the end,…you could lose a lot of momentum.…Recognition shifts the focus off…the team's obstacles and on to success.…
What it looks like, what it feels like…and how much fun it can be to win,…this focus on success breeds more success.…Every scrum team faces challenges and problems.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Adding finesse to your scrum
- The product owner and scrum master roles
- The relationship between the product owner and scrum master
- Product owner as business representative
- Product owner as a team's business guide
- Scrum master as team advocate
- The forming and storming stages of team development
- Taking a team from norming to performing
- Scrum master as team guardian