Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video Capturing the action plan in your meeting minutes, part of Note-Taking for Business Professionals.
- Every good meeting should end with an action plan.…Otherwise, what's the point of the next meeting?…So it's important that this action plan be reflected…in the summary of your meeting minutes.…In fact, some organizations require that…meeting minutes include this sort of summary.…Meeting minutes serves as a record…of decisions that were made,…what actions should be taken,…and who must take them and when.…Important meetings are held every day…and the decisions made at these meetings…can involve millions of dollars.…And this is why the role of minute taker is so important.…Meeting minutes drive action by providing a plan…for you and your team.…
The minutes show how decisions were made,…who made the decisions and when.…By mapping out an action plan in the meeting minutes,…you help ensure the work gets done.…And the minutes can also provide an update…to those who were unable to attend the meeting.…Because the meeting minutes record important decisions,…they serve as a great way to measure progress.…You can use them as an accountability tool…
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Exploring the keys to active listening
- Focusing on the ideas
- Capturing an action plan
- Taking notes while reading
- Creating to-do lists, project plans, and meeting notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Effective Note-Taking Strategies
2. Taking Note of What You Read
3. Bonus: Note-Taking XMind Templates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.