Experienced recruiters often understand the benefit of referred candidates. Learn how referrals should become part of the automatic questions you ask during your recruiting, interviewing and hiring process. Also learn six words that will increase the number of quality referrals you generate.
- One of the greatest you're going to face…as a recruiter in today's competitive job market…is how do you find the candidates…that your hiring authorities really want to hire?…They don't want to get the same people from you…that they're attracting by their websites…and their job board ads.…And, so, the best way to find these candidates…is to obtain referrals.…And, word of mouth advertising is one of the best…ways to obtain those referrals.…I want you to ask yourself the following questions.…What is your referral system?…Do you even have one?…And, if you have a referral system,…do you have set times when you ask for referrals?…A very important question, how are you tracking them?…And, last and certainly not least,…how do you express thanks to the people who…are giving you referrals?…See, people do things for their own reasons.…
And, it was no coincidence that referrals…in my organization tripled when we started…compensating for referred business.…Now, another thing you have to keep in mind…is that your referrals are going to be greatly limited…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.