In this video, Tatiana Kolovou gives you specific tips about how to overcome anxiety so you can own your presentation and deliver it with confidence.
- I like to relate speaking anxiety … to performance anxiety in sports. … Some of the techniques used by athletes help … my students and clients be successful when they speak. … They may help you, too. … Don't let anyone tell you that no stress is a positive. … Russian Sports Psychologist, Yuri Hanin's research … shows that we all have different tolerances and uses … for stress hormones during our peak performance. … Being completely calm and serene may work for some … before they present and may be disastrous for others. … As you try some of these techniques in this course, … be sure to maintain a healthy amount … of butterflies in your stomach feeling. … Use your breath. … If being out of breath … when you get nervous makes you uncomfortable, … use slow breathing. … In, … two, three, … four, and out, … two, three, four. … Use these cycles to calm and center yourself. … Remember to use your breath as you pause between sentences. … Nervous speakers tend to speak faster … which makes them sound hurried and tough to follow. …
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explore how to evaluate your audience's knowledge level.
- Define audience value.
- Recall how a 'forest vs. tree' analogy compares to the audience interview and presentation design.
- Recognize what logical appeal means in a presentation setting.
- Define emotional appeal in a presentation setting.