Identify the importance and use of calibration, which ensures a consistent approach to interpreting performance and determining coaching priorities. Learn the four levels of calibration and how calibration supports coaching and facilitates performance improvement. Acquire a four-part model for effective coaching.
- Quality standards come to life…when they guide behavior and enable us…to deliver consistent high-quality service.…But if you and I both lead teams,…do we have the same understanding…of what our quality standards mean?…Are we interpreting results the same way,…and are we coaching on the same things?…Here we'll identify the four levels…of successful calibration.…Calibration is the process in which variations…in interpreting results and the steps that follow…are minimized.…When high levels of calibration are achieved,…it won't matter who does the assessment scoring…or who facilitates coaching.…
The approach and outcome will be the same.…Calibration is an important tool…for ensuring consistency in interpreting performance.…It also makes coaching far easier.…It allows the coaching process…to focus on achievements and improvement,…rather than concerns around whether scores…are accurate or fair.…A common way to begin calibration…is to have those who do quality evaluations…independently score several of the same interactions.…
Watch and learn how to establish quality standards in customer service, and improve loyalty, revenue, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement. Brad Cleveland divides the lessons into three chapters, covering quality and customer service definitions, quality standards for individuals, and quality standards for the overall organization. Along the way, he shows how to implement a process, measure progress, and effectively coach employees.
- Recall three sources of input when developing quality standards.
- Recognize recommended practices used to set quality standards.
- Summarize three elements to keep in mind when developing standards for individuals.
- Determine the meaning of calibration.
- Identify the characteristics that define four aspects of customer service.
- Identify the most important factor observed in organizations with effective quality standards.