- All right, in this movie I'm gonna show you…how to calculate the average price of an item…when there's a discount like buy two get one free,…or when you're combining two differently priced bulk items,…like things like coffee beans.…So before I do that, let me just give you a quick…definition of how to do an average.…So let's say you had three different apples.…One of them was 6 oz in weight,…one of them was 4 oz,…and the third one was 8 oz.…
You wanted to find out what is the average weight…of the apples per apple.…So for an average equation what we do is,…we add up all the values,…and divide by how many values there are.…So in this case, there's three apples.…And that is our average.…So if we do that math, we're gonna get,…6 plus 4 is 10, plus 8 is…18 oz,…divided by 3, so our average, and if we do that math…we're gonna end up with an average weight…for the apples of 6 oz.…
So I'll clear my screen to give you an example…of this at a store.…Okay, so let's say you're at a store,…and you're shopping for clothes and you see a sign…
- Practicing mental math
- Understanding decimals and fractions
- Working with percentages and ratios
- Solving equations
- Calculating area and volume
- Scaling recipes
- Estimating your running speed
- Calculating the area for home-improvement projects
- Working with probability
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Math Foundations: Part one
2. Math Foundations: Part Two
3. Math Foundations: Part Three
4. Shopping and Cooking Math
5. Health and Fitness Math
6. Home-Improvement Math
7. Probability and Counting Math
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.