Join Lisa Gates for an in-depth discussion in this video Busting myths and finding time, part of Coaching and Developing Employees (2013).
To be successful in implementing the new coaching tools and practices I'm laying …out in this course, we need to bust some old school myths. …Take a minute and think about the people you manage. …Chances are, you can divide your team into three types, high achievers, …dependable performers and everyone else. Looking through your own career lens, …you've probably played all three roles, I know I have. …In hindsight, I can clearly see where a lack of career development played a role …in my decision to stay hidden in the everyone else pile or to find the exit …from time to time. So let's bust some myths.…
Myth number one, there is no time. This is big. …How many times have you heard this? We constantly challenged to do more with less. …So if you start having these short frequent conversations with people you …might think you'll never get anything done. …And what if you're already spending too much time trying to motivate people in …the everyone else category? The question of time really comes down to …
- Establish a coaching relationship with your employees.
- Demonstrate the cornerstones of coaching.
- List examples of "PowerTalk Practice".
- Describe how to challenge your employees for growth.
- Identify how to manage accountability and give future-focused feedback.
- Align professional goals with company objectives.
- Design stretch opportunities.