In this video, get exposed to general business operations and HR's role in aligning people related policies to the strategic direction of the company.
- In 2016, the most frequent criticism of HR,…was that HR leaders failed to understand…how businesses operate.…In order to overcome this perception,…it's key for HR pros to demonstrate business acumen.…The business acumen competency is one…of three competencies that make up the business cluster…of the SHRM-CP, which represents 18.5 percent…of the questions on the test.…The business acumen competency is defined…as the ability to understand an organization's operations,…functions and external environment.…
This competency also measures how you apply business tools…and analysis to address HR initiatives…that align with the company's strategic direction.…Central to understanding business operations…is getting clear on how a company creates value.…Value is the end result of an organization…meeting its strategic goals.…During strategic planning,…an organization's leaders discuss how value is created,…how to increase value,…and the critical activities needed to create value.…
Those activities become the business model, or value chain.…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by SHRM®.
- SHRM BoCK® behavioral competencies
- HR's role in promoting company values as an ethical agent
- HR's role in building and maintaining strategic relationships
- HR's role in crafting meaningful communication
- Having a diverse and inclusive workplace within a global context
- Using both quantitative and qualitative data to measure HR's effectiveness
- SHRM BoCK® HR knowledge domains and how they are measured