- Basics of employment law
- Torts and the court system
- Recognizing and mitigating risks
- When to bring in a legal professional
- What to do when facing an ethical dilemma
- Protecting your company and yourself from liability
- What constitutes wrongful discharge, harassment, and discrimination
- The corporate veil and your role as manager
Skill Level Beginner
- Welcome to Business Law for Managers. My name is Jo-Na Williams. I'm an attorney based in New York with a focus on business and intellectual property law, and I am so excited to share this information with you. Now, I know that law might not be your favorite subject, but you're in luck; it's definitely mine, and I will do my best to make this as interesting and informative as possible, so you're in for a great time. In this course, you're going to learn the foundations of business and intellectual property law in the United States, how various components of employment law affect you as an employee and the employees you manage, when's the right time to consult with a lawyer, and the proper protocol when dealing with sticky situations you may encounter as a manager.
Feel free to jump around and seek out those videos that are most pertinent to your work. However, I do recommend that you watch the course in full, so you get a comprehensive understanding of the current law and how it affects you in the long-term. Thanks for spending your time with me. I don't take it lightly and my goal is to make it worth every minute, so let's get started.