Bob also discusses ethics in relationship to specific business scenarios: working with suppliers and vendors, organizational decision making, and doing business internationally. He addresses how to handle business ethics violations and provides a checklist of items for staff to evaluate if something is ethical.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define the purpose and intent of business ethics.
- Describe why particular situations might be considered ethical or unethical.
- Determine how to approach and report unethical behavior.
- Identify how to message ethical policies to your staff.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior by leading by example.
- List options and best practices for escalating problems in your department.
Skill Level Advanced
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bob McGannon, and this is Business Ethics. Ethical performance is a major focus in business today. Making ethics a substantial and integrated part of your business dealings may be critical to your success, and the success of your business. This course covers the definition, information, and approaches you need to create an ethical framework for your business. First, I'll introduce you to the purpose and intent of business ethics, and why it's important.
I'll also share business ethics scenarios, and the impacts of not having an appropriate ethics framework in your business. Next, I'll give your recommendations for building an ethical framework for your business, including roles and responsibilities, then I'll give you hints and tips for establishing expectations for ethical behavior in your business. Finally, I'll share how you can increase your success in ethics through leading by example, and how you can spot potential ethics violations, before they do significant harm to your business.
With these topics and more, I'll introduce you to the best ways you can be successful in planning, building, and implementing an ethical framework in your business, in Business Ethics.