They begin by reviewing research fundamentals and key insights to consider before you get on the phone with a potential customer or schedule that first in-person meeting. They also discuss the landscape of business development and how to leverage internal systems for more successful conversations. Lisa and Elizabeth spell out how to speak like a leader, unpack and discuss your competitors' strengths and weaknesses, avoid common mistakes, and more.
- Unpacking the sales process
- Leveraging your internal team
- Understanding your prospect's customers
- Unpacking the competitive landscape
- Opening your call
- Handling rejection
- Addressing competitors
- Avoiding common mistakes
Skill Level Intermediate
- Buying and selling is the foundation of our economy, and it's the biz dev reps who set the wheels of commerce into motion. - And to be successful in business development, you need to arm yourself with the best language, the most effective tools, and an indisputable value case. - I'm Lisa McLeod. - I'm Elizabeth McLeod. - We run a consulting practice where we work with reps, managers, and VPs of sales to grow their revenue and scale their impact. - Join us on LinkedIn Learning.
We'll share real-world examples and practical talk tracks that will help you increase your leads and your close rate.