Business Analysis Fundamentals
Every project needs someone that can help turn ideas into reality: a business analyst. Join author and certified business analyst Haydn Thomas as he walks you through the fundamentals of business analysis tools and techniques. Haydn will demonstrate how these skills are used to gather requirements and identify solutions to provide better business outcomes on your change initiatives.
Discover where business analysis lives in the project life cycle, how to initiate a project, the best way to gather requirements, and smart strategies to monitor results and test outcomes.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding what business analysts do
- Defining business opportunities and objectives
- Identifying stakeholders
- Gathering requirements through observation and brainstorming
- Validating requirements
- Developing project acceptance criteria
- Implementing, testing, and closing your project
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Every project, from the smallest house being built down the street to the most complex IT system, needs someone who can help them turn the ideas of those projects into reality. This is the role of the Business Analyst, breaking down the ideas, needs and requirements into smaller pieces that can come together to create the big picture. Business Analysts do this by identifying organizational needs, then gathering, managing and verifying information, to create solutions for business problems.
I'm Haydn Thomas, and I've been working as a Project professional for over 20 years. I travel the world consulting, educating and sharing my passion of enhancing organizational capabilities. In this course, I'll share with you the overview of what Business Analysis is and the role and mindset of Business Analysts. I'll then share the tools and techniques used throughout the life of a project and talk about gathering of information to create requirements. Finally, I'll share about verification and testing and how this all comes together to deliver the big picture.
Being a great Business Analyst is about helping your organization make better and more informed decisions. So let's get started with Business Analysis Fundamentals.
Managing Small Projects663,262 Views
Insights from a Business Analyst245,956 Views
Project Management Simplified667,721 Views
Managing Project Schedules409,638 Views
Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Team240,023 Views
Project Management Fundamentals (2011)3,751,394 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,913 Views
Management Tips1,698,389 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,748,469 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,264,406 Views