Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Building relationships, part of Communication Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Mike Ditka, head coach during the Chicago Bears…Superbowl winning season of 1985,…once said about his team's flamboyant quarterback,…Jim McMahon, with whom he often had difficulties,…we have a strange and wonderful relationship.…He's strange, and I'm wonderful.…There's humor, if not humility,…in that quote but also wisdom.…Relationships are easy when they're effortless,…but there's so much upside to go past easy…and find creative ways to connect with people…beyond those we automatically click with.…
The research is clear, that stronger, broader relationships…lead to better performance, job opportunities,…health, wealth, happiness, just about any way…you want to define success.…Whatever your challenge or need in work and life,…the right relationships save you…a lot of time, money, and effort.…Everything gets better with better relationships.…This is an ongoing focus of my research,…and I want to share the five action steps…that leaders I've worked with over the years…find most helpful to get results…on their relationship building priorities.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing the intent-impact gap
- Designing the content of your message
- Improving vocal delivery
- Adjusting your body language
- Being politically savvy
- Listening to what's said, what's unsaid, and how it's said
- Increasing empathy and trust
- Overcoming anxiety<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.