Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a rapid-decision-making culture, part of Managing for Results.
- Having a solid decision process in place is vital,…but it's not the only thing you should focus on.…I want you to encourage you to think bigger…about what I call your decision-making culture.…This is the general way in the group you lead…that decisions are approached.…You have the biggest impact…on the decision-making culture,…but it's created in collaboration with your team.…Think of it this way: Can you and the team…articulate what it is that you value in great decisions?…And if you can, do your behaviors…typically match those values?…I want you to find out by facilitating…a discussion with the team.…
You'll start by addressing the characteristics…of great decisions, then you'll discuss…the decision process, and finally you'll talk about…behaviors and ideas that support strong decision-making.…Let's briefly consider each one.…The first step is to define what great decisions look like.…There is no completely perfect answer…and your list can change over time.…Have the team work on the list using…a small amount of individual, small group,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify multiple strategies for managing with results in mind.
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses of visual management.
- Recognize the key factors in building a transparent meritocracy.
- Identify methods for tuning and optimizing management processes to improve efficiency.
- Review the challenges of rapid decision making.
- List the essential elements of a post-hoc analysis.