Join Jonah Berger for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the narrative, part of Jonah Berger on Viral Marketing.
…We've talked about how stories are the currency of conversation.…But now let's discuss how to make stories work for you.…And to do that, I want to tell you about…a bar in Philadelphia called Franklin Mortgage and Investment Company.…This bar is great.…It's a high-end cocktail bar.…It has no vodka, no Red Bull, just really great cocktails.…Things like elderflower liqueur this or shaved cinnamon that.…And old authentic stemware that came from decades ago.…But when people walk out of Franklin Mortgage and Investment…Company, they don't talk a lot about the great drinks.…
They tend to tell the same story again and again.…And that is how Franklin Mortgage and…Investment Company have three types of ice.…Now, I know about you, but the first time I heard a…place has three types of ice I went, there are types of ice?…The type in my freezer looks very similar…to the type in every other freezer I've seen.…What do you mean there are types of ice?…But if you ask someone who knows they'll tell…you that different types of ice melt at different rates.…
- Summarize the advantages of word-of-mouth advertising.
- Identify the six STEPPS to getting people to share.
- Explain the effects of a trigger.
- Describe the function of social proof.
- Recall the most effective strategies for spreading a marketing message.
- Recognize two components in a story meant to help spread a business message.