Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video Building key relationships, part of Leadership Fundamentals.
As we've seen throughout this course, a large part of any leader's success is a…function of the relationships they build with employees, peers, and upper…management, as well as customers, board members, investors, and leaders in the…industry. The relationships you need to build are…related to your leadership level, but I always think it's a good idea to build the…relationships of one level above you. This will allow you to expand your…professional network, which not only serves your current level but prepares you…for the next one. Ultimately, the goal is to be a…relationship builder who can synthesize connections and maximize collaborative…environments. You want to build relationships with other…influential people. Some of the strategies you learn for…developing your political acumen and understanding your industry should help…you generate a list for people. Don't expect to reach out to them all at…once, but you should have an active and ongoing plan for identifying and building…key relationships. The order and pace at which you tackle…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.