Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the interview plan, part of Hiring Your Team.
Rarely is a selection decision made based on one interview. …Usually, there's a small team of people who interview a candidate. …It's up to you, often working with an HR professional, to design an interview plan …that screens for the key knowledge, skills, and qualifications deemed …critical for success in the role. Building the interview plan is a …straightforward process where you create a grid to organize the interviews. …In the exercise files for this course, we've included an interview plan that can …be customized for each role. Let's walk through an example.…
First, enter the criteria that will be evaluated. …These are the knowledge, skills, and qualifications that are required to be …successful in the role. You may have identified these criteria …earlier in the recruitment process. Next, write the behavioral interview …questions that will be asked by each interviewer. …Your company may have a library of behavioral interview questions that you …can use as a resource. We've also provided some examples in the …
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.