Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Building initial rapport, part of New Manager Foundations.
Great rapport is about comfortable positive interactions that support the…production of quality work.…Building rapport isn't complex or mysterious.…While it's true that as a leader, you must project confidence and competence,…building rapport is really about you understanding and appreciating each of your team members.…Establishing rapport requires positive conversations about the tasks at hand,…but it also requires a little personal conversation.…I want you to remember to not talk about work issues 100% of the time.…
To build great relationships, you have to let them get to know you as a person.…Use a small portion of time;…say 5-10% discussing appropriate personal issues so they can get to know you as…a human and not just as a boss.…Don't completely separate work life and home life.…You should feel comfortable sharing a little about who you are away from the office.…For example, your biggest hobby, your favorite sports team, or maybe little…facts about your family.…Next, I want you to become aware of one of the most interesting decision-making…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.