Join Simon T. Bailey for an in-depth discussion in this video Building consensus around your projects, part of Building Business Relationships.
Have you ever had a great idea for a…project and needed support and resources from the organization?…I was working with an organization that had…a very nice culture, they were non-confrontational,…asked for input from their leader, and no one made a decision unless they had consensus.…Many people came into this organization and…wanted to make decisions independently and left…because they were frustrated. They didn't know how to gain consensus.…
The key to gaining consensus and support…is to build consensus around your projects.…Building consensus around your projects starts with understanding the political…landscape of your organization, and the obstacles to get things done.…The first step is to always…build rapport and relationships with your leaders.…In any organization, you must get political support for your ideas.…Here's how you do this.…
Before you build concensus, build a relationship!…You must have this in place before you approach leaders and ask for things.…If there is a relationship, then it gives you a greater opportunity…
Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don't click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key business relationships
- Building relationships in person and virtually
- Supporting your manager's objectives
- Articulating your needs to your manager
- Managing up
- Communicating with difficult team members
- Resolving cross-department conflict
- Identifying mentors and sponsors
- Making first impressions with executives<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.