Lida discusses building your brand across social media, regardless of the platform (not platform specific). Reviewing what to watch out for, how to be intentional and authentic, and how to measure results.
- Do you remember the last thing…you tweeted or posted on Instagram?…Your social media channels are powerful ways…to communicate information and trends…and also share gossip.…But are you managing your social image for a job search?…Social media is a tool you can use to brand yourself.…Companies are already looking online because they want…to see what you're about before they meet with you.…If you're not targeting your online messages…to your future employers, then you're missing out…on a vital tool in the job seeking process.…
Your online presence should reflect…your passions and your hobbies as well as…your career goals, your values and your skills.…You should post about things happening in your area…of interest, especially in the career you want to go into.…Here are some of my favorite ways…to make yourself find-able online.…First, create a profile that really represents you.…From your headshot to your summary of experiences,…make sure you represent yourself…and your values authentically.…
Social media is not a place to try to be someone you're not.…
Personal branding expert Lida Citroën shows you how to present yourself to employers in the best light, from your resume to your social media presence, to your interview attire. Lida also shares best practices for finding and applying to jobs, and setting yourself up for success before graduation. She helps you understand how to use social media strategically to network with future coworkers and mentors, and research the companies you really want to work for. Her advice is focused on helping you find a good fit with an employer that matches your passion, salary requirements, and values.
- Selling "you" and building your brand
- Leveraging an internship
- Finding your network
- Identifying your ideal employer
- Finding jobs online and in person
- Competing with others
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Acing the interview