Did you know having a summary on your LinkedIn profile makes you 10 times as likely to be viewed? Get the top five tips for creating a top-notch LinkedIn profile.
- A LinkedIn profile is your competitive advantage…in a crowded job market.…Candidates who have it are easy to find…in Google search results,…easy to connect to for an interview,…and easy to screen and hire around their job skills.…If you don't have a profile, now is the time to make one.…I have five tips for making a profile stand out,…but if you're brand new to LinkedIn, you may want to pause…and check out the course Learning LinkedIn…right here on the site.…For starters, you want to write a compelling headline,…one that both intrigues people's interest in you…and also explains who you are and what you do.…
There are many ways to do a headline right,…focusing on either the value you add or the role you have.…Here are four ways a content marketer…at LinkedIn could spin their headline:…Creative Wrangler of Content and People,…Data and Story-Driven Content Marketer,…Content Marketer, LinkedIn,…Telling Stories That Help You Navigate the Job Market.…There's no right or wrong, but try several choices…and get feedback from industry colleagues or peers…
Looking for study partners?Join the Interview Tips study group
Ready to find your next job? Learn how to prepare yourself for today's job market and land a gig that you'll love. Jolie Miller shows how to create a great job hunting plan that connects you with opportunities that mesh with your interests and goals. Jolie explains how to present yourself to employers in the best light with a well-designed LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter. She explores how to tailor your experience for each job and for any special situations, such as layoffs, reentering the workforce, or switching roles or industries. Plus, she shares quick tips that can help you make a great first—and lasting—impression in your interviews, negotiate an offer you're proud of, and prepare for your first day at your new job.
- Setting job hunting objectives
- Writing a compelling resume and cover letter
- Tailoring your approach
- Finding the right jobs
- Reentering the workforce
- Identifying which of your skills are transferable
- Excelling in a phone or video interview
- Negotiating a job offer