Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don't click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key business relationships
- Building relationships in person and virtually
- Supporting your manager's objectives
- Articulating your needs to your manager
- Managing up
- Communicating with difficult team members
- Resolving cross-department conflict
- Identifying mentors and sponsors
- Making first impressions with executives<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Developing business relationships is like building a bridge from where you are to where you and the organization need to be. In business, conflicts arise, change is constant, and unleashing innovation is vital to your career. If you intend to thrive, then building business relationships will give you an edge in this global economy. As a former leader with a Fortune 500 company, I want to equip you with tips, tools and techniques that enable you to construct and sustain relationships across the organization.
I'll start by giving you an overview on how to build connections with four key relationships that will help you in your career as well as how to create your own Personal Board of Directors. We'll transition to understanding four strategies to leveraging other departments, commit to building consensus around projects, and making a lasting impression with executives. By teaching you this process, my purpose is to give you easy and simple tools to build business relationships that are efficient, engaged and effective.
Now, Let's get started Building Business Relationships.