Learn about the importance of having contacts. Build up a list and maintain contact with everyone. You never know who will turn out to be useful. Your ex-colleagues will know other people who could employ you, or people who could be your customers if you become self-employed. All meetings, conferences, and foreign trips are networking opportunities.
- Studies have shown that success is correlated…to the number of contacts a person has.…I suppose it's obvious that this will be the case.…The more people you know, the more opportunities…are likely to come your way.…The greater number of people might be able…to help you if you need help,…and the higher the probability that one…of the people you know will turn out to…be the lifeline that you need.…Clearly, if you're looking for a new job,…or looking for potential customers…for your own business, then contacts are vital,…but they give you more than this.…
They give you information and ideas, and support,…and access to all the people that they know.…So, take the opportunity to talk to…everyone you encounter.…That one person at a meeting who you haven't met before.…That person in the queue behind you.…That person sitting next to you at the football game.…That supplier who comes in to quote you for a job.…Ask them about themselves.…Find out about them as a person.…You'd be surprised how many great people there are…
- Why we dislike change
- Planning for change
- Developing mental toughness
- Maximizing your interpersonal skills
- Setting long-term career goals
- Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
- What to consider if you're thinking of leaving your job
- Building up your network
- How to be low maintenance employee
- Establishing goals and plans with a new boss
- How to deal with a bad boss
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand and Prepare for Change
4. New Initiatives or Mergers
5. New Roles, Teams, and Location
The benefits of a new role3m 25s
6. New Boss
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.