The entrepreneurial mindset has taken hold in all corners of the globe. As young professionals look for opportunities and are starting their own ventures, learn how to be an important partner to the innovative corners of the world.
- What kind of executives might make…the best leaders for your emerging market operations?…If you are among the many CEOs…planning to appoint a local executive…as your next country head in a emerging market…such as China, India, or South Africa,…you may want to think again.…Knowing the local market and having a network…of local relationships are important,…but that's not all your company needs for success.…
To deliver stellar performance it's critical…also that the leaders of your emerging market…operations fit into two ecosystems at the same time,…the local market as well as the global operation.…Look at Sealed Air, the global leader in the food safety,…facility hygiene, and product protection markets.…Its customers in China hold the company…in such high regard that the China Meat Association…has named Cryovac, Sealed Air's food packaging brand,…one of the industry's most influential brands,…even though Sealed Air is not a meat processor.…
Sealed Air China has been successful,…not only because its senior managers…
Which emerging markets should you enter? How do you enter the targeted market? Do you partner with another company, or go it alone? How should you deal with the regulatory constraints that you might face? Anil and Haiyan address these questions, and more. They also outline some of the issues that arise once you have entered an emerging market, such as how to win out over local competitors, market to the bottom of the pyramid, and deal with the speed of fast-changing market dynamics.
- How emerging markets differ from developed markets
- Designing entry strategies
- Identifying the right beachhead
- Competing and succeeding within the market
- Cultivating and leveraging the local ecosystem
- Dealing with rapid changes in market dynamics
- Leveraging China and India as global platforms
- Building the leadership for emerging markets