Is creativity a built-in thing? If you don't have it, then use other people who are creative. There are methods and exercise files that can help boost your creativity.
- So we've seen that problem solving involves…generating plenty of possible solutions…and then picking the best one,…but what if you just can't think of any solutions?…Maybe you're just not a very creative person.…Can someone learn to be creative?…Is there a mechanical way to generate creative ideas?…If only.…But there are ways that you can help your brain…to free up and use its natural creativity.…We've all got some of that within us…and there are lots of ways to build it up…and make it stronger.…
Here are my favorite 10.…I've also got a list of these and 10 others,…which nearly make my top 10, in the Exercise Files.…So number one is reversal.…Think about how to make your situation worse…and then do the opposite.…How can you make the product more expensive?…What would make delivery times less reliable?…And then what's the reverse of that?…Think about doing the opposite to what you'd planned.…Maybe making the factory smaller instead of bigger,…or selling to fewer countries rather than more.…
Are there any ideas to be gained from thinking like this?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying the real problem
- Generating possible solutions
- Boosting your creativity
- Using your intuition and logic
- Selecting the best solution
- Considering implementation