Benefits management is one of the most important functions supported by an HRIS. In this video, learn how HRIS supports employees with self-service and HR with time savings.
- Managing and understanding benefits…has become ever more complicated…for both management and employees.…Fortunately, most HRIS programs have robust administration…and employee self-service offerings otherwise known as ESS.…These programs will readily integrate…with the largest healthcare providers.…For the programs like BambooHR that do not,…you're back to the API discussion…integrating to a single sign-on.…
The first thing these programs do…is allow for employee self-enrollment,…both at the time of hire and during open enrollment.…The HRIS guides the employee…through the benefit selection process,…such as selecting plans and naming beneficiaries.…Again, this is often available on mobile access.…After initial onboarding, the employee can log in…and make easy adjustments to their plans,…change beneficiaries, and more,…saving HR time in the process.…
HRIS programs can also help manage health savings accounts,…flexible spending accounts, and similar programs.…Larger organizations may need the firepower…of a more robust HRIS program.…
DISCLAIMER: This course addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) and the instructor are not giving legal advice. Neither Linkedin (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represent you. The information conveyed through this course is similar to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Using dashboards
- Recruiting and hiring
- Managing the onboarding process
- Payroll integration
- Managing employee leave and time off
- Using HRIS systems to support performance management
- Working with learning management systems
- Reporting and compliance