Learn how to be great at your job. Jodi Glickman shares the core framework to making people love you at work. Discover the power of GIFT: generosity, initiative, forward-momentum, and transparency.
- Okay, so you're forgetting about finding a job you love and you're on board. You're going to focus on making people love you at work in a professional, platonic, work-appropriate, no-one's-getting-sued kind of way. How do you make me love you? What do you do every day to make people love you? Here it is. There are four key concepts that if you put into practice everyday, I can't not love you at work. They're generosity, initiative, forward momentum, and transparency.
If you are generous every single day. If you're always thinking about initiative and moving the ball forward, and you are transparent, you are going to be the person who communicates effectively, who people want to work with, whose is boss is always on your side. Generosity, initiative, forward momentum, transparency. Those are skills that you don't need to learn, you can just be generous. You can take initiative and focus on forward momentum and be transparent.
But the thing about it is, they're not skills that everyone puts into practice. They're not top-of-mind everyday. And once you start thinking about incorporating the gift of great on the job, incorporating generosity, initiative, forward momentum, and transparency, you're antenna's going to go on high alert when you see your colleague who isn't generous, who doesn't share information. When you notice that person on your team who's not taking initiative and drops the ball. Or you will be really mistrustful when you don't have full information, when the boss isn't being transparent, when leadership isn't telling you what's going on.
I'm going to show you how to be generous, how to always take initiative, how to focus on forward momentum, and how to be transparent everyday in all of your interactions so that you are the person at work that everyone loves.
- Exploring the benefits of working for people you love
- Reaping the benefits of making people love you
- Incorporating generosity into your everyday life
- Demonstrating initiative at work
- Maintaining forward momentum
- Remaining transparent even when things go wrong