Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Behaving with honesty: Acting and communicating with integrity, part of Project Management Foundations: Ethics.
- Taylor Lautner is quoted as saying,…"Honesty and loyalty are key.…"If two people can be honest with each other about…"everything, that's probably the biggest key to success."…Being successful is the most critical outcome…of all of the ethics values, but it can be most directly…connected to honesty.…I say this because your honesty,…and how you present it to others,…can have a long-lasting effect on how you're perceived.…So, with a mindset towards using an honest approach…to your work as a project manager,…let's look at four ways you can apply the value of honesty…to increase your success.…
One:…Every project item you share should expand…understanding and knowledge.…Any written or verbal communication about project status…should be clear and be explicitly tied…to the direction the project is heading.…Don't just focus on the here and now status.…Clearly and explicitly give your sponsor and stakeholders…a picture of the present and what is likely…to happen in the upcoming weeks and months.…Don't restrict your focus on what's in a pre-formatted…
BONUS: In the bonus chapter, Bob answers seven questions about specific ethical dilemmas: sharing information, resolving conflicts over standards, communicating with stakeholders, reporting project status honestly, and more.
- Demonstrating responsibility
- Showing respect
- Operating with fairness
- Behaving with honesty
- Understanding mandatory, aspirational, and personal ethical standards
- Reviewing ethical situations in project management
- Reporting ethical problems