Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Becoming a servant leader, part of New Manager Foundations (2013).
Until recent years, the common understanding of leadership might be described as…mechanical and structured, maybe even cold.…It involved things such as providing resources, setting goals, and…measuring performance.…These are still basic parts of leadership and organizational life.…But today, we've evolved our thinking further to include a more progressive…and compassionate understanding of how interpersonal relationships affect productivity.…No longer are employees thought of as simple human resources to whom…orders should be provided.…Now, we recognize that employees are our colleagues and collaborators, our…partners with whom and through whom progress is achieved.…
One of the most popular paradigms within this evolved view of leadership…is servant leadership.…Servant leadership is squarely focused on the need to build and develop your…employees as your first priority.…Servant leadership is predicated on the idea that helping others succeed, in and…of itself, is a righteous goal.…It's the right thing to do.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.