Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Become a source of expertise for clients and candidates, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- View Offline
- Can you think of a teacher who had…a positive impact on your life?…I think everyone of us can look back…and remember a teacher or a mentor…that really had impact that changed our entire life.…What's wonderful is, as a recruiter,…you're also an educator.…You're an educator to your clients and your candidates.…You're not educating them on what you can do,…but you're educating them on how…they can attain the goals they've set.…It's much easier to make a contact with a decision maker…when you've developed an education-based selling approach.…
Think about this.…If you offered a free webinar entitled,…How do you improve retention of your key employees?…Do you think that would get their attention?…Of course it would, because retention…is one of the greatest challenges…hiring authorities are facing today.…You want to basically do research and study…and determine what challenges are keeping…your hiring authorities up at night,…and then you share this information…so that they can proactively anticipate future problems.…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers