Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic supply chain strategies, part of Supply Chain Foundations.
- How does furniture get made?…Well, I guess it depends on what type…of furniture we're talking about.…Let's keep it simple.…Let's say you're buying some chairs for a kitchen table.…What are your options?…The easy thing would be to go to the store…that sells simple and affordable furniture.…Nothing fancy, but still something that would…look good in your kitchen.…The price is probably going to be reasonable,…and the great thing is you'll get to take…those chairs home with you today.…The downside is your only options…are what they have in stock.…
Even if they have the style you want,…you might not like the colors they have.…Customizing those chairs is not an option…because they were probably made awhile ago…at a facility that was probably far away.…In supply chain, this is what's called a Push Strategy,…meaning we know what the customer's likely going to want,…so let's make it now before they even know they want it.…And then, when they realize they need it,…it'll be waiting for them at the store.…It's fast for the customer, and since we make…
- Identify parts of a supply chain.
- List the keys to successful global supply chain management.
- Describe the concept of inventory in supply chain.
- Explain how to choose a supplier.
- Work with SCMs in different industries.
- Describe how to transport and distribute your product.
- Integrate and coordinate the entire supply chain.
- Create ethical and sustainable supply chains.