Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Balancing entrepreneurship and life, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations.
- You are an entrepreneur.…This is your dream.…I've shared with you my thoughts on how…to become a successful entrepreneur.…Remember to check out the exercise files…for this course, which includes a great list…of resources for further studies.…Now one final thought.…As an entrepreneur, the most important thing…you need to do is to show up.…According to the research, the odds of…a scientist writing a groundbreaking research paper…are correlated not to how smart the scientist is,…but to how many papers the scientist has written…and once a business makes it to the final round…of a pitch contest, there's no statistical difference…between the returns of the finalists…and the actual winners.…
It's called the Equal Odds Rule.…If you want to write a frequently cited paper,…publish a lot.…If you want a successful business, show up to work.…At the same time, show up to your life…and to those you love.…As you bring your dream into reality,…you will develop as a person in…unexpected positive ways.…Bring those that you love along with you to be…
- Cite the steps that can help you find an unmet need.
- Differentiate between a business and a hobby.
- Recognize how to decide between an online business and a brick and mortar business.
- Describe how to protect your intellectual property.
- Explain the best practices for hiring the right people.
- Recall the importance of tapping into networks of expertise.
- Cite the best practices for building a business website.
- Summarize the best metrics to use for your online business.
Skill Level Intermediate
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Intermediate
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.