- Types of bad bosses
- How to handle a boss who doesn't listen
- How to handle a boss who doesn't give you authority
- How to handle a boss who plays favorites
- How to handle shifting priorities
- How to handle lack of payment
- How to handle lack of credit
Skill Level Intermediate
- Welcome to this course on how to deal with bad or difficult bosses. And this is an important area, because people join companies, but they leave bosses. Bad bosses are the biggest reason why people leave their work. And I think they might be the biggest reason why people are unhappy in their work, as well. The bad boss can ruin your life, or at least they can ruin five days out of seven, and that affects the weekend, as well. It's amazing how they can get under your skin, and they can slowly destroy you, however strong you think you are.
And I should know, I've had a few bosses. My name is Chris Croft. I've spent about 15 years working in industry as a manager, mostly manufacturing, running factories, that kind of thing. And then, for about 20 years, I've been running training courses, usually in how to be a good boss. But it's ironic that, really, the problems are the people that haven't been on my course. And actually, most bosses haven't had any training. They're not necessarily evil, they're just making it up as they go along. So when you think about it, it's not really surprising that quite a few bosses are not very good.
And of course, whatever you do, you've got a boss. So I've had quite a few bosses, and about 50% of them have been bad in one way or another. So I've been thinking about this a lot. It's about time this course was made. And what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna list the 16 things that bosses do that are bad. And then I'm gonna give you practical strategies, things you can actually do, to deal with all of those 16 types of bad boss. You can keep this course forever, and then you can refer back to it. Perhaps in 10 years' time, you'll have a problem boss.
You can dip back into this course and get the answers. So I really hope that you decide to subscribe to this course. But before you decide, why not have a look at some of the free sample videos, give you an idea of the style of it, and if you like them, get the course. And then, let's do it.