Learn about why planning and preparation are the best defense against technology trouble. Explore tips on what to do when something goes wrong.
- Technology is critical to the success of your event,…which is why it's so important to plan well,…choose wisely, test, test again,…and then make sure you have a great backup plan…for when everything falls apart.…Not to sound too alarmist here,…but technology is a key pillar of your event…and good planning is your best weapon against a disaster.…When the tech is on point, working well,…and your event is moving forward, it feels great.…But when something suddenly stops working…or won't even start working,…that's a horrible situation to be in.…Even a minute of silence,…feels like a decade when something isn't working…and you're scrambling for a solution.…
What can we do as event planners…to make sure this doesn't happen?…There are no guarantees of course,…but one of the best tools that you can use…to flush out potential bugs is a well-executed rehearsal.…No matter how big or small the event is,…it's always important to do…at least one rehearsal before the day of the event.…If you can, make it a full dress rehearsal…
- Identify the two most important principles of event planning.
- Describe the process of negotiating a budget for an event.
- Explain the most important factors when planning a menu.
- Summarize the different types of vendors and what they offer.
- Cite the various options for ground transportation and how to choose the best type for your event.