Recruiters are expected to attract the top talent your hiring authorities will hire. Learn what to accomplish prior to recruiting presentations and the four objectives for every recruiting call. Utilize the two sample recruiting scripts in order to attract the best talent available for your open requisitions.
- One of the greatest complaints I hear from many recruiters…is it's really hard to find top talent.…The answer I'd like to provide to that statement is…that is the best marketplace for recruiters.…That's great for recruiters.…When it's hard to find people,…hiring authorities need us more.…If it was easy to fill jobs, you wouldn't have…a job as a recruiter because there'd be no needs.…Now, there are traditional resources…that recruiters have used for years.…Website postings, job board ads,…and social media connections.…But what you have to do now, in addition to that,…is surface those passive candidates…that are not necessarily in an active job search.…
So this involves you mastering recruiting presentations…that are going to attract people that are working,…but they make a change for the right opportunity…that represented their next career move.…Now there's certain things that you have to do…prior to making a recruiting presentation.…The first thing is, you've got to become comfortable…with making these phone calls.…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Having the right attitude and expectations
- Using different recruiting methods
- Positioning yourself as a solution to employers
- Anticipating hiring needs
- Attracting top talent
- Building rapport and trust
- Negotiating and closing
- Following up with a new hire
- Tracking your metrics