Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Attract candidates through referrals and networking, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- My goal as you're watching this is to help you…understand the importance of referrals and networking…as an external recruiter.…Referred business is by far the best business…because there's that inferred level of trust,…but you have to know, what type of referral program…and process to basically implement.…When do you ask for referrals?…How do you track them?…More importantly, how do you express gratitude?…Because if somebody is giving you referrals…and you're not saying thank you,…the referrals are going to come to a screeching halt.…
What you have to ensure people upfront…is that they are not referring their competition.…If I came to you for a job, and you asked me…for referrals, I'm thinking, you know what?…Find me a job first and then I might send you referrals,…so you have to basically assure me that you're…not going to send my referrals on the exact same job.…You also want to send out something…that promotes lateral marketing.…All lateral marketing is to send out something…that a person's going to be compelled…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers