The Recruiting Profession is unique because you have people on both sides of your process, the hiring authority and candidates you present. Learn how your attitude and expectations have a direct impact your level of success and how to change your focus from problems to actions that result in hires.
- I want you to imagine for a moment…the challenge of closing a deal…when you've got people on both sides of your sale…who change their opinions;…sometimes they change facts,…sometimes they have other deals…that are pending;…their time frame changes,…often their priorities can change.…What I've just described is…the recruiting profession closing process.…And as a result, the success in this profession…is really impacted by your attitude…and expectations, because it's not easy…to close deals when you have all those…parameters that you're working within,…and it's not easy to attract top talent.…
But every day, you've got a choice…regarding your attitude.…Really, when you wake up in the morning,…you can choose to have a great day,…or you can choose to say,…"This is going to be one of those days",…and you're going to spend the entire day…proving yourself right.…In reality, self-talk creates self-image,…which does create real performance.…And this is often referred to…as a self-fulfilling prophecy.…If you think you can,…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Having the right attitude and expectations
- Using different recruiting methods
- Positioning yourself as a solution to employers
- Anticipating hiring needs
- Attracting top talent
- Building rapport and trust
- Negotiating and closing
- Following up with a new hire
- Tracking your metrics